Thursday, June 17, 2010

Chilling in Quincy, CA

I took a room at the Gold Pan Motel, so I can rinse out my unmentionables and get an early start in the morning. According to a local rider, the 1st 17 miles of hwy 89 I'll ride tomorrow is not real bike-friendly, so I'd like to get through it before traffic gets gnarly.

The bad news right now is that the park road up to Mt Lassen is still closed for snow, so it's not looking like I'll make it up there tomorrow.  I'm bummed, but some other cool thing will probably show itself, so no big deal.

Also, today is the 1st day warm enough for riding with short sleeves and no leg warmers, since southern Colo.

Pics, the Vaya surrounded by the local version of bluebonnets, the view from hwy 70 before a long, fast descent to Quincy, and one pic just for Aunt Judy.

No comments:

Post a Comment