Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Out with the Sanner, in with the Salsa

Lots of folks stepped up to help me get a new ride to use when the fork on the custom frameset Tim Sanner built failed on the second ride.  When a 58 cm Vaya frame couldn't be found anywhere, Doug from  Colonel's Bikes of Fort Worth, thought to ask if I was sure of my sizing. He thought I might fit better on a 57cm, which WAS available.
I compared the measurements Sanner used on his bike to the 57cm Vaya and found them nearly identical.  Doug ordered the 57 with 2-day shipping and I got the new frameset last night.
The next few hours were spent building my 2nd new bike in 9 days.  I hung pretty much everything I'll carry on it this morning to ride and climb with it for a few miles before work.  It feels and rides really great.
I think it looks pretty snazzy, too. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment